Thursday 24 June 2010

Vannes, France

This week has been really warm and sunny, not very typical in England! I really enjoy it, although I do wish it didn't make my hay fever worse... I've been sneezing SO much recently, and yesterday and today my eyes have been feeling a bit funny as well. :( Oh well, I still prefer this to the usual cold and rain.

I don't know if it's the heat, but I haven't really been in the mood to write lots of postscards recently. I'm enjoying the Finnish "Summer RR", but I haven't been sending all that many officials. Which is why I haven't been receiving many, either.. I did get one very nice official today, though.


FR-98777


This lovely postcard came from Emmanuelle in France. Vannes is a small town in Brittany in north-western France. It was founded over 2000 years ago. Vannes is located on the Gulf of Morbihan at the mouth of the river Vannes. It is around 100 km northwest of Nantes and 450 km south west of Paris. Vannes is a market town and often linked to the sea.



The stamp would seem to be an automated sticker label, but at least it's nicer than the labels that I've seen from France before (those haven't had any pictures on them).

No comments: