Saturday 12 June 2010

bananas in Taiwan

I seem to be receiving official postcrossing cards from Taiwan fairly regularly, and they are usually quite nice, too (don't really like some of the ad cards I've received from there, though). This one is probably one of my favourites, and I love it how it's so different from the other cards I've got from there.


TW-157693


I don't know if it's just me, but when I think of Taiwan, bananas are not the first thing that comes into mind. Chun-Ying, who sent me this card, told me that bananas are the most representative of Taiwan fruits, however. On the back of the card it says this is "Banana heaven" in Cishan Kaohsiung (Kaohsiung is a county in southern Taiwan).



Stamps from Taiwan always seem to be very beautiful. Unfortunately it also seems to be very difficult to find any information about them. Anyway, from what I could find, the bird stamp is from a set of 4 stamps issued in 2008, representing birds. This one is the Bronzed Drongo. The bridge stamp is also from a set of 4 stamps, issued in 2010, themed Bridges of Taiwan. This one shows Jinde Bridge in Donggang. The other two stamps I could find no info of.

No comments: