Saturday 26 June 2010

Jerusalem, Israel

This week has been super hot and sunny, it would be lovely to be able to go to the seaside but alas, no such luck. I live in the middle of England so the sea is pretty far away from here. :( One thing I do miss about Finland is all the lakes, there's so much more water there which is lovely. Anyway, I'm mostly stuck at home this summer. I'm going to Finland for two weeks in August but it looks like that's going to be my only holiday this summer.

My postcard pal Hanna in Finland has had a bit more luck; she's recently been to Israel to visit relatives, and sent me a postcard from there. :) I think Israel would be a bit too hot for me at the moment, though... Hanna told me it was +38 C at the time of writing the card!



The Old City is a 0.9 square kilometre walled area within the modern city of Jerusalem; it lies within East Jerusalem. Until the 1860s this area constituted the entire city of Jerusalem. The Old City is home to several sites of key religious importance: the Temple Mount and its Western Wall for Jews, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre for Christians, and the Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa Mosque for Muslims.



The stamps is so beautiful (and has a lighthouse on it!)! It does seem like they have lots of very nice stamps in Israel. This one is from a set of 3 stamps issued in 2009, representing Lighthouses in Israel. This one shows the lighthouse in Jaffa.

No comments: