Friday 4 June 2010

sunflowers in Thailand

I joined Postcrossing in November 2007 and since then I have received hundreds of postcards. It'd be a shame to hide them all in boxes in my bedroom so I will be posting about my favourite ones here. I'll start with this lovely official card from Thailand, received in early 2008.


TH-5838


This card shows Mexican sunflowers on Doi Mae U-Kor, at their best in November. Achiraya, who sent this card to me, told me that these flowers bloom only once a year in the northern mountain of Thailand.

Mae Hong Son is one of the northern provinces of Thailand, and at the same time the westernmost. Doi Mae U-Kor is a hilly area there.



As for the stamps, I don't know much about the red one, apart from it being a definitive stamp and showing King Rama IX. The one on the right is from a set of 4 stamps issued in 2007, depicting Thai Temples. This one shows Wat Rajpradit Sathitmahasimaram

No comments: