Wednesday 2 June 2010

Hong Kong

Another old postcard from a friend! :D This one is from Miranda (she's one of my friends from aikido, too, and she used to be one of my flatmates when I was studying in Wolverhampton). She's from Hong Kong and sent me this card in the summer 2006, when I had to go back to Finland. (Miranda is going to Hong Kong again this summer, I'm thinking of asking her if she could bring me some more postcards from there... obsessed, me?! :P)



Pictured is the Hong Kong Island. The harbour is busy with boats off the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront. The 88 storey IFC II Tower dominates the skyline of Central and the Peak.

Hong Kong seems like a very fascinating place, a bit crazy and full of contrasts. It'd be interesting to visit it one day but I doubt that'll happen any time soon, my finances being what they are. Postcards are a much cheaper way of travelling around the world!



Here's the stamp, it's one of the nicer Hong Kong stamps I've seen. It's from a set of 4 stamps issued in 2006, depicting Chinese Idioms and Their Stories. The idiom here is "Prepare for success."

No comments: