Monday 5 July 2010

Zagreb, Croatia

This postcard is from my postcard pal Nives in Croatia. Croatia looks like a very beautiful country and Zagreb seems like a fascinating city, it would be so interesting to get to visit it one day!



Unfortunately I have no idea what all these buildings on this card are called. Well, the one in the bottom left corner looks like Mimara Museum - I have a single view postcard of it that I received as an official last year. Isn't it beautiful?!

I'd love to know the significance of these little hearts - I've seen them on a number of postscards from Croatia. They are so pretty and give me the impression of a lovely crafty country, but I don't really know what they are... just decorations, or something more?



The stamp is from a set of 4 (very nice!) stamps issued this year, representing Croatian Ethnographic Heritage. This one shows Medimurje (which is a region in Croatia, unless I'm very much mistaken?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, haha, sorry I haven't described the postcard, I thought I have! XD I'll do it now, is that okay?
The top left picture is the view on the central square, and there is a cathedral in the background.
The top right picture shows the building of the National Theatre.
The bottom right picture shows a church of St. Marko. It's not far from the central square, but in the old part of Zagreb. Doesn't it have the coolest roof??
And the bottom left picture indeed is a museum Mimara. :)
Oh, and by the way, check this out: http://www.licitar.com.hr/licitar%20moulds.htm
About the little hearts? Yeah... they say they're cookies... but you shouldn't eat them. xD

Anu said...

Hiiii! :) Nice to see you here! Thanks for the explanations, they're very helpful!