Sunday 18 July 2010

Vatican City

Moving on, from trains to something quite different... This card arrived this week from a swap with Rita in Italy, she was visiting Vatican and offered to send me a written and stamped postcard from there.



Here you can see St. Peter's Square in Vatican City. It's strange, it doesn't look *that* huge in this postcard. Maybe it's from a different angle or something...?

This postcard is actually quite topical as well, as the Pope is coming to visit the UK soon. I would actually have a fair bit to say about that, but this isn't the place for religious ranting so I'm leaving it to my other journal.



And why is this postcard so special? Because it's written and stamped in Vatican! I was quite surprised (and pleased) that the stamp doesn't show the Pope, but is instead from a set of 2 stamps issued in 2009, the theme being astronomy.

No comments: