Wednesday 14 July 2010

Belgrade, Serbia

I don't have too many postcards from Serbia, and the few I do have are all from Belgrade I think. I'd love to see more of this beautiful country, and I do really love the postcards I have of Belgrade. This one is no exception, and I love it how it's a bit different from your usual touristic postcards.


RS-6644


I really liked what the sender, Ana, wrote on the back of the card as well, quoting one of the best-known writers from ex-Yugoslavia, Ivo Andrić:

The sky above Belgrade is wide and high, unstable but always beautiful and rich, as a compensation to this strange town for everything that isn't there and a consolation because of everything that shouldn't be there.

Doesn't that sound beautiful?!



The stamp is from a set of 2 stamps issued in 2009, commemorating the 200 Years of Battle of Cegar.


My scanner didn't like this card; the colours are all wonky here. :(

No comments: