Thursday 16 December 2010

Dominican Republic

One more card for today. This is somewhere I'd quite like to be right now... *sigh* I just looked out of my window and it's started snowing. They're predicting more snow for the rest of the week, I'm not very happy. Snow has such an annoying tendency to disrupt a lot of things in this country. :/



Anyway, this card is from my friend Katya in Russia. She went on holiday in Dominican Republic this October. Lucky girl! It would've been great if she had actually mailed the card directly from there, but then maybe it was easier this way - I've heard it's not always very easy to find stamps in Dominican Republic...



...and I really like Russian stamps anyway. These were both issued earlier this year. The smaller one is from a set of 2 stamps showing Coats of Arms. The larger stamp commemorates the 50th anniversary of the space trip of famous Soviet dogs Belka and Strelka.

No comments: