Sunday 26 September 2010

Lisboa, Portugal

I may not have ever been to Italy but I have been to Portugal. Not to Lisboa, though, but Algarve in the south. It was about twenty years ago but I still remember it as a lovely time. I'd love to go back one day to see if the place is anything like I remember it as being, but right now I'd be more interested in Lisboa.



This card comes from Miceu in Portugal. I've done a number of swaps with Miceu and have received some truly AMAZING postcards of Portugal. All those old houses, pretty windows and doors, narrow alleys, bright colours... ahhh!

I don't know much about the place shown on this card, apart from the fact that it shows 'Elevador da Lavra', a funicular that helps people climb the slope. Isn't the old tram (?) charming?!



This card came in an envelope with a bunch of other lovely postcards. The stamps on the envelope were equally wonderful. The top two were both issued earlier this year. The one on the left is from a set of 7 stamps depicting Rock in Portugal. This one here shows the cover of Moonspell's 'Wolfheart'. The stamp on the left is from a set of 6 stamps depicting Portuguese Cheeses, this one here showing Serra da Estrela. The smaller stamp underneath is from a set of 6 stamps issued in 2006, showing Portuguese Masks.

1 comment:

Herandlab said...

Great postcards and blog! I loved this one from Portugal!

Greetings from Chile!
Hernán
http://mllup.blogspot.com/