Saturday 25 September 2010

Croatia

This is one of my favourite out of the postcards I've received in the last couple of weeks. Lavender fields fascinate me; the purple colour is gorgeous and spread out like that, like a mat, it's just amazing.



I have to confess I didn't know there were lavender fields in Croatia, but according to Agi, who sent me this card, this is a typical Dalmatian view. Lavender fields were in blossom there a few months ago. I wish there were lavender fields around here, too, but I haven't seen any, just an occasional random bush. :(



Isn't the stamp cool?! It's from a set of 3 stamps issued earlier this year, showing Croatian Fruits. This one here is Grape, obviously. I love the unusual round shape and how the colour matches the colours of the postcard. :)

No comments: