Sunday 8 August 2010

Moldova

Overall, I don't get a huge variety of different countries with the postcards I receive, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to post about cards from different countries here whenever possible. The following card is definitely one from a country I don't received cards from too often.


MD-2037


The card shows the National History Museum of Moldova, a museum in Chişinău, the capital city of Moldova. Over 263,000 exhibits, 165000 of which belong to the national heritage, are exhibited in the National Museum of History, founded in 1983 on the former Regional Lyceum. It is situated on 121a, 31 August 1989 str., in the historical center of Chişinău.



The stamp is very pretty, but unfortunately I couldn't find any info regarding it. It would seem to be related to the National Museum of Ethnography and Natural History, the oldest museum in Moldova, though.

No comments: