Wednesday 4 August 2010

Egypt

I thought I'd finish today with something a little different. This is such a cool card, from the lovely Farah in Egypt.



Here you can see an Egyptian dancer in belly-dancing costume. Farah tells me the costumes are sold in all shapes, sizes and colours at the famous Khan El Khalili bazaar in the old part of Cairo.



This is such a perfect postcard - it's from a "Cards with thematic stamps" RR and here both the stamps AND the card are women-related. Egyptian stamps look pretty amazing, I really like them! The two stamps at the top are a set of 2 stamps issued in 2008 for the 2nd International Postal Technology Conference Postech 2008. The big stamp at the bottom was issued earlier this year and commemorates the 10th Anniversary of the National Council for Women. I couldn't find any info about the small stamp at the bottom. Anyway, I'm really impressed with how Farah managed to squeeze so many stamps on this card - and she always uses the most amazing stamps!

No comments: