Saturday 24 March 2012

Railway Station, Vladivostok, Russia

I'll be going to London at the beginning of April for a couple of days. My sister is coming there for a few days and we both wanted to meet up. I'm actually taking a train to London this time; I found out it's not *that* expensive if you book in advance and avoid peak times. It's going to be so good to see my sister again!

London Euston railway station is far less pretty than this one in Vladivostok.. :p



The railway terminal station in Vladivostok is an architectural monument, built 100 years ago. It's also the last stop for the Great Trans-Siberian Railway. The Trans-Siberian Railway is a network of railways connecting Moscow with the Russian Far East and the Sea of Japan. It is the longest railway in the world. There are branch lines to China through Mongolia and Manchuria, with service continuing to North Korea. What an experience it must be to travel the whole route!

No comments: