Sunday 11 March 2012

Dalmatia, Croatia

Just a wee update for today as I've got some time before going out for a meal with a friend. ...and I have tons of postcards that I want to blog about, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll ever get through it!

Anyway. This is one of the Year of the Dragon stamp swap cards, this time from Croatia. Thank you so much, Agi!



I really like this card, it seems like it would've been a warm, sunny day and I want to imagine the guy had no hurry going anywhere. Mmmmmm, I'd like that too!

Dalmatia is a historical region on the eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea. It stretches from the island of Rab in the northwest to the Bay of Kotor in the southeast. The hinterland, the Dalmatian Zagora, ranges from fifty kilometers in width in the north to just a few kilometers in the south. The Dalmatian dog received its name from Dalmatia, as does the dalmatic, a Roman Catholic liturgical vestment worn by deacons and bishops.

2 comments:

agi said...

well one of the most popular sayings in dalmatia is 'take it easy' :)
i know what you mean by never catching up with blogging - i think it is only possible if you have the pc & scanner on you 24/7!

Anu said...

Hehe, I like that saying! ;)

That is SO true! ..and scanning cards takes a surprisingly long time as well. Oh well, this is still fun :)