Saturday 23 April 2011

Hawaii, USA

Continuing on the theme of holidays (sort of), I certainly wouldn't say 'no' to Hawaii if I ever got the chance to go there. Having a sea so close would be fantastic, and warm temperatures would be nice, too.. ...although at the moment it's really warm here in England, too. It's probably been around or over +20 C all week and right now I'm almost *too* warm wearing just a skirt and a t-shirt! I do love this, though, and try to enjoy it while it lasts. Yeah, it probably wont' be like this for much longer :p



Isn't this a gorgeous view?! I mostly chose it due to the amazing colours of the sky, although the ocean does look gorgeous as well. It shows the Alligator Rock on the North Shore of O'ahu. The place was named after the distinct rock formation offshore and is a great place for snorkeling and scuba diving in the summer. Julia, who sent me this card, tells me that in winter the waves can get over 6 metres high and they hold famous surfing competitions there. She says she wouldn't go anywhere near the water at those times and I'm inclined to agree with her, it does sound pretty crazy!



The stamp on the left is quite a familiar one, a definitive stamp from 2003, showing the American Clock. The cute dog and cat stamps are from a set of 10 stamps issued last year, under the title 'Adopt a shelter pet'.

No comments: