Sunday 15 March 2015

Les Saintes, Terre-de-Haut, Guadeloupe

Phyllis, a friend of mine from volunteering, went on a Caribbean cruise last year. I was cheeky and asked if she could send me a couple of postcards from her trip, and she did send me two: this one of Guadeloupe mailed from Barbados, and one from Barbados. It would be so cool to go on one of those cruises myself one day... My Canadian pen friend has just been on one, too... *jealous* ..and my sister-in-law has just got a job on a cruise line so she'll get to visit some pretty amazing places as well, I'd think.


The Îles des Saintes ("Islands of the Saints"), also known as Les Saintes, is a small archipelago of the French Antilles located to the south of Basse-Terre Island, west of Marie-Galante and north of Dominica. It is a dependency of Guadeloupe, which, in turn, is an overseas department and region of France.

 Terre-de-Haut is a commune in the French overseas department of Guadeloupe, including Terre-de-Haut Island and a few other small uninhabited islands of the archipelago (les Roches Percées; Îlet à Cabrit; Grand-Îlet; la Redonde). It is the most populous island of the archipelago of the les Saintes.

2 comments:

Ja bez Imienia said...

What a wonderful view! I hope to visit such place one day! :)
Greetings from Poland!
http://optimisticpostcrosser.blogspot.com/

Anu said...

Isn't it! It would be nice to visit one day.