Friday 20 February 2015

Ethiopia

A very nice postcard I received from Ethiopia a few years ago.



The animal here is Swayne's hartebeest, an endangered antelope native to Ethiopia. Two of the largest remaining populations are located in Senkelle Swayne's Hartebeest Sanctuary and Maze National Park.

Now, this card actually arrived from a recipe RR on the Postcrossing forum. The sender, Chitra Nair, included a recipe for 'rajma', kidney beans in yoghurt curry. I have to confess I still haven't tried it - at the time of receiving the card I didn't really like beans, but I've since learned to eat them (well, not all of them, but a lot of them anyway) so I could actually try this as it sounds quite nice. There seem to be a lot of recipes for this online, too, such as this one.

No comments: