Saturday 26 February 2011

Sweden

I might have lived most of my life next to Sweden but I've only ever been there once and my family doesn't have any relatives there, so my contact with the country has always been pretty limited. That, and I always lived in eastern Finland, where it is more common to hear Russian than Swedish. So yeah, my collection of postcards from Sweden is tiny to say the least. That's why I was so excited a while ago when a nice postcrosser from Sweden offered to swap with me.



I have no idea of the exact location of the place on this card, but it reminds me a lot of Astrid Lindgren's Barnen i Bullerbyn, particularly the 1986 movie "Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn" ('The Children of Noisy Village') which I loved when I was a kid, and I still really like it. They seem to live such an innocent, carefree life in that film, it's rather adorable.





The stamps are from a set of 5 stamps issued in 2010, depicting flowers (Pansies).

3 comments:

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I think it's spring on/at the postcard. I like the wooden houses! Nice card.

Anu said...

It really is a pretty one, I really like the wooden houses, too.

ESM said...

The real location from the movie "Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn" is in Sevedstorp, Vimmerby, Sweden.

From de movie in 1986:
http://cdn1.cdnme.se/cdn/9-2/597502/images/2010/fullscreen-capture-2010-12-26-170307_123536723.png

2009:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Bullerbyn-dsc_2725.jpg