Sunday 5 April 2015

Sylvester at the Bottle and Gas, Black Country Living Museum, Dudley, England

A postcard I sent to myself last year as I wanted the UK Year of the Horse stamp cancelled on a postcard. ....and the Royal Mail actually cancelled the stamp! :O

 The Black Country Living Museum isn't too far from where I live. I've been there a couple of times, and I think I've been to this pub as well, although I don't think I had anything to drink... :P My favourite thing there is the fish & chip shop, their fish & chips are lovely, mmmm.. The downside is that a lot of people agree with me so normally you'll have to queue for *at least* half an hour, even after they opened a second chippy due to the demand. :P


The Black Country Living Museum is an open-air museum of rebuilt historic buildings in Dudley in the West Midlands of England. It is close to Dudley Castle in the centre of the Black Country conurbation. The museum occupies 105,000 square metres of former industrial land partly reclaimed from a former railway goods yard, disused lime kilns and former coal pits. It was opened in 1978, since when many more exhibits have been added.

 The museum preserves some important buildings from around the Metropolitan Boroughs of Dudley, Sandwell and Walsall and the City of Wolverhampton; mainly in a specially built village. Most buildings were relocated from their original sites to form a base from where demonstrators portray life in the period from the 1850s to the 1950s.

The museum is constantly changing as new exhibits, especially buildings, are being added.

1 comment:

agi said...

a cat and a pub...love this :D