Friday 3 April 2015

Happy Easter! Hyvää pääsiäistä!

Happy Easter! Well, Good Friday anyway. Mine has been pretty productive so far - Matt and I are building a massive desk and we've got some varnishing done. If all goes to plan, we should be able to get most of the pieces varnished during this Easter break. :)

Anyway. I received this lovely Virpi Pekkala illustration yesterday from dear Sari in Finland. She'd been to a Postcrossing meet-up in Seinäjoki. Ahhh, I miss Postcrossing meet-ups, it must have been a few years now since the London meet-up I attended. I just can't afford to go anymore, and there never seems to be anything nearer to where I live.


I haven't had any rairuoho since moving to England. I wonder if you could buy the seeds here and if so, what would it be called in English? Wikipedia seems to think it's 'ryegrass', but I'm not sure... I remember plates and pots with this grass from my childhood Easters.

An interesting cancellation... Seems to advertise the 'Duudsonit Activity Park' in Seinäjoki. I have to say, I'm not too much into Duudsonit... :P

No comments: