Monday 3 September 2012

Copenhagen, Denmark

I don't receive postcards from Denmark too often so it's always great to find one in my mailbox. This treat is from the wonderful Genek, via a facebook swap.

On this card you can see a fleamarket at Gammel Strand in Copenhagen. I quite like fleamarkets, although can't usually find anything in them. :( ..or if I do, it's way overpriced. I wouldn't say 'no' to the coffee pots here ;)

Gammel Strand (English: Old Beach) is a street and public square in central Copenhagen, Denmark. On the south side it borders on the Slotsholmens Canal while the north side is lined by a row of brightly coloured houses from the 18th and 19th century. Across the canal, Thorvaldsens Museum and Christiansborg Palace are seen on the island Slotsholmen. The art gallery Kunstforeningen and the Ministry of Culture are the most notable institutions facing the street.

No comments: