Rubjerg Knude Lighthouse in Jutland Denmark started life on December 27, 1900 (construction started in 1899). The lighthouse is on the top of Lønstrup Klint (cliff), 60 metres above sea level. Until 1908 it operated on gas which it produced from a gasworks on the site. It ceased to operate on August 1, 1968.
Shifting sands and coastal erosion led to the buildings being abandoned in 2002. Prior to their abandonment, the buildings had been used as a museum and coffee shop. The small buildings are now partially buried in sand, and by 2009 the small buildings had been severely damaged by the pressure of the sand.
The stamp is from a set of 2 stamps issued in 2010, depicting Nordic Coastlines. This one here is the Port of Aarhus.