Saturday 28 May 2011

Khajuraho Temple, India

I recently received a comment about the lack of Indian postcards in this blog. Well, the main problem here is that I only have a few postcards from India. I keep seeing other people receiving officials from there but I think I've only got three in total.. and there aren't too many members from India on the forum. I do have plans to post about a couple of Indian postcards I DO have so they should appear here eventually. And if anyone would like to contribute to my collection, you're more than welcome to send me a message. ;)



This postcard is from an RR - 'hootnoodle' went on holiday in India and sent me this nice card from there. It shows sculptures in the Hindu temple Khajuraho. It is located in a town in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, located in Chhatarpur District, about 620 kilometres (385 mi) southeast of New Delhi, are one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Khajuraho has the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their erotic sculpture. The Khajuraho group of monuments has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is considered to be one of the "seven wonders" of India.



The stamps are from a set of 3 definitives issued in 2008, this one showing Indira Gandhi.

No comments: