Sunday 14 November 2010

postman, Thailand

Oopsies. I didn't mean to take almost a month before updating this blog again. Somehow it just... happened. I've been reading (loved 'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger, heartily recommended, and now I'm reading 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, here's hoping it's as good as 'The Shadow of the Wind'), writing letters, crocheting, writing in my paper journal, doing aikido, and I've discovered zines and have been reading them a lot, too.

Anyway. I have a big bunch of cards I want to post about here now. It's probably going to take a while before I get everything sorted. I thought I'd start with this lovely official from Thailand that I received a while ago. I love mail related postcards, and it's interesting seeing postmen around the world.


TH-57201


This postcard shows a Thai postman and a hanging post box during King Rama V period, about 100 years ago.



Nice stamps, too, I couldn't find any info on them though so all I know is that they were both issued earlier this year. The bigger one commemorates the centenary of the demise of King Rama V.

No comments: