Sunday 14 November 2010

Korab, Macedonia

This beautiful card arrived from a swap with the lovely Ana a few weeks ago. Isn't it a gorgeous view?!



Mount Korab is the highest mountain of Albania and Macedonia, its peak forming a frontier between the two countries. The Korab mountain is adjacent to the Šar Mountains. The mountain is home to the spectacular Korab waterfall, in the upper valley of the Dlaboka Reka river. During spring time, the waterfall reaches height of over 130 meters, which makes it the highest in Macedonia.

The best chance to climb Mount Korab is to join the International climb that is taking part every year in beginning of September.



I really need better stamp sources.. :S According to the Stanley Gibbons website, there was a set of 4 commemorative stamps issued in Macedonia in 1999 with the theme flowers, I have no idea if these are from that set, though? EDIT: Nevermind, I found the comments page.

Also, I only just found out that Ana had left me comments in some of my entries. Does anyone know if there's a way to get notifications of comments posted in your blog? I've been using livejournal for years and there you can get email notifications of any comments left to you, but I haven't been able to find anything like that here in blogger. It would be really annoying if the only way to see comments was to go back to specific entries and check if there's anything there, but that's how it seems to be like to me. Grrr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a beautiful postcard!!! Every now and then I get really jealous when I look at your blog here! :)

Ana said...

yes, these stamps are from that 1999 set :)

Anu said...

Do they still sell such old stamps over there in post offices? Here it's really difficult to get anything apart from the most recent issues, and even the Royal Mail online shop doesn't sell anything that's older than a year. :(