Wednesday 9 September 2015

Turku Castle, Finland

I've been participating in the 'summer card pal' project in the Finnish community on the Postcrossing forum again this summer. I've had two 'summer card pals' this summer, and it's been really nice again. I seem to prefer receiving more than one card from someone and actually getting to know people, rather than having a lot of one-off encounters (which kind of makes the official side of Postcrossing pointless for me, although I did send a couple of officials again recently). This card is from Susanna. She visited the Turku Castle this summer and sent me a card from there - and actually got me a special cancellation as well! :)


Turku Castle (Finnish: Turun linna, Swedish: Åbo slott) is a medieval building in the city of Turku in Finland. Together with Turku Cathedral, the castle is one of the oldest buildings still in use in Finland. Turku Castle is the largest surviving medieval building in Finland. It was founded in the late 13th century and stands on the banks of the Aura River.

No comments: