Thursday 25 July 2019

Helsinki, Finland

This is one of the two non-holiday cards for today. Although... it's from a meet-up that Addis from Puerto Rico attended when she was on holiday in Finland, so technically this could be a holiday card as well...?! :D I received this from Sini, though, she keeps spoiling me with wonderful postcards, often from her travels.


I remember seeing a picture of this postcard on Instagram and thinking how awesome it is, wishing I would receive one as well but very much doubting the possibility. I was so pleased to be wrong! :) I just really, really like the picture. It reminds me of my childhood - I used to go to places like this wih my mum to wash carpets. I can't remember if they were run by the local council, they very well could have been and I think they still exist. I'm not sure how environmentally friendly they are, though, when all the washing liquids etc end up in the lake/sea. The picture used on this card was taken in the 1950's.

No comments: