Wednesday 26 May 2010

Red Square, Moscow, Russia

I had to post this card as well since it's possibly one of my favourite postcards received from Russia. It's from a tag on the postcrossing forum, sent by Kaurry.



It's still a "touristic" postcard, but I love it how it's still from a slightly different angle. I mean, it's not just about buildings, you can see people as well, and I love the atmosphere in it, it seems so calm and peaceful somehow. I do love those special moments just after it has finished raining, for some reason I really like the smell of wet asphalt for instance. O_o



...and Russian stamps are so pretty! Well, a lot of them anyway. I particularly like the big one on the right. If I'm correct, it's from a set of 3 stamps issued in 2009, depicting Culture of Russian People. This one shows the National Head dress from Yaroslavl Province in the middle of the 19th Century. The smaller stamps are from a set of 12 definitive stamps issued in 2009, depicting Russian Kremlins. The one on the top shows Moscow Kremlin, and the one under it shows Kolomna Kremlin.

No comments: