Wednesday 4 July 2012

Sultan Mosque, Singapore

Moving on to one of Malaysia's neighbours, Singapore. I opened a thread on the Postcrossing forum earlier this year looking for postcards from my favourites albums, and this is one of those cards. Such a pretty view! Mmmm, and I think I should try getting more active with that thread again after I come back from Finland, it's been so much fun!


Sultan Mosque; is located at Muscat Street and North Bridge Road within the Kampong Glam district of Rochor Planning Area in Singapore. The mosque is considered one of the most important mosques in Singapore. The prayer hall and domes highlight the mosque's star features. Sultan Mosque has stayed essentially unchanged since it was built in the 19th century, with only repairs carried out to the main hall in the 1960s and an annex added in 1993. It was gazetted as a national monument on 14 March 1975.

No comments: