Wednesday 8 September 2010

Ecuador

Postcards from Central and South America are pretty rare in my collection, and most of those are from Brazil. Here's something different: Ecuador.



This card was not actually mailed from Ecuador but from the USA instead, but it's still precious as I think this is only my second postcard of Ecuador.

I don't know much about Ecuador, and I'm not entirely sure of the exact name of the place on this card. It seems like it's from somewhere in the Imbabura Province, and in the background you can see the Andes Mountains. It might help if I knew some Spanish - there's some text on the back but I don't understand it. :( ("San Pablo Del Lago Con El Imbabura (4.660 mrs.)") The mountains look pretty amazing. Roxane, who sent me this card, said that they "have the feel of a much older magical time" and I'm inclined to agree.



So yeah, this card was mailed from the USA. The stamp on the right is from a set of 5 stamps issued earlier this year, depicting "Sunday Funnies". This one here is Calvin & Hobbes, a comic I really like and even used to cut out strips from a newspaper in Finland! The middle stamp was issued this year, too, and comes from a set of 4 stamps called "Cowboys of the Silver Screen", this one here showing Tom Mix. The small stamp is a definitive one.

I scanned a bit more of the back of the card here as I really like the little frog. :)

No comments: