Sunday 5 September 2010

Blarney Castle & Rock Close Gardens, Ireland

Life is getting back to normal again, and on Friday I was back in my volunteering job (and had tons of work waiting for me there :P). I do still miss Finland, but hopefully next time I'll get to go there a bit sooner than in a year and a half.

I do have to confess, though, that it would be nice to have a holiday somewhere else occasionally. One of my dream destinations is Ireland, and it might actually come true one day as it's so close. Matt's sisters went there a few weeks ago, I'm jealous! Well, at least Rachel sent me a postcard. :)



From the back of the card:
Blarney Castle & Rock Close Gardens situated 7 km from Cork City is famous for its stone which has the traditional power of conferring eloquence on all who kiss it. The word 'Blarney' has found its way into the English language and has been described as pleasant talk, intended to ???? (there's a postmark that partly obscures the text) without offending. The famous stone is set in the wall below the battlements, and to kiss it, one has to lean backwards (grasping for an iron railing) from the parapet walk.

No comments: