Sunday 10 July 2011

Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse, Dunsborough, Western Australia

Another gorgeous postcard from the lovely Heather. I know I've already posted about this lighthouse here but what can I do, it's so beautiful!



On the back of the card it says that walk trails near the lighthouse extend around Cape Naturaliste offering elevated views with the possibility of sighting migrating whales. I wonder if that's been the case here. It must be a pretty spectacular experience to see whales in the wild.



The stamps come from a set of 4 stamps issued earlier this year, depicting Christmas Island Crabs. I wouldn't want to come across one of these guys on a beach!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You know, I've sent that postcard about 5 times and never once noticed the whale on it until you mentioned it lol!

The crab stamps were fairly recently but we've had a heap of new stamps just released due to postage going up. Skiing stamps coming up next!