Saturday 22 January 2011

Tavira, Portugal

I've done a few quite big postcard swaps with Miceu in Portugal before and did one again not long ago. This card is from this latest swap.



I have a soft spot for Algarve as that was the first place abroad I've been to. I think I was about six or seven years old when my grandma took me there. Ahh, sun and ice cream.. I also remember spending a lot of time in the hotel's swimming pool, visiting a water park where I didn't feel so good, and a trip to 'Land's End' with some other people, and for some reason I still remember eating jelly babies on my way there. O_o I do wonder sometimes how my brain works... :P

I don't think I ever went to Tavira... It is a small town in Tavira Municipality, Algarve, with ca. 10 607 inhabitants. I love the colours on this card - the blue sky, white and red/brown buildings and the purple, blossoming trees. So pretty!



The stamps on the envelope are from a set of 4 stamps issued in 2008 under the theme 'International Year of Planet Earth'.

No comments: