Thursday 27 May 2010

Vancouver 2010

I had been meaning to post about this earlier, but better late than never... It's an official postcrossing card from Angela in Canada, and a very cute one, too!


CA-104222


The card shows the Vancouver 2010 mascots and sidekicks. The biggest one is called Quatchi, a young sasquatch, the small guy on top of him is Miga, a young sea bear, and the character in the middle is called Sumi, an animal spirit who lives in the mountains of British Columbia. The smallest character is Mukmuk, a small and friendly Vancouver Island marmot. Aren't they just adorable?!

I wish I could say I liked the London 2012 mascots as much... But they are horrible! :( You can see a picture here. I always thought the Olympic and Paralympic mascots were supposed to look cute or at least nice, but there's nothing remotely cute about "Wenlock" and "Mandeville". They are about as nice as the logo for the 2012 Olympics, which is also horrible. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything nice... But those two characters won't even make nice postcards, grrrr.



Anyway... The lovely Canadian card came with this flower stamp. It's from a set of 4 stamps, depicting orchids. This one shows the Grass Pink.

No comments: